Sunday 30 January 2011

Coles Sandy Loser

Well only seven days now till the Cole Classic 1km ocean swim, despite what my little countdown thing says! I am a little nervous but gotta say mainly excited. The only swim race I have done since I was about 12 is the start of the mini triathlon I did back last year. I had barely trained for that and ended up doing mainly breast stroke.
Its all a bit new, the run into the water, the mad fight for space at the beginning, the navigating and the finish. Then there is the added challenge of figuring out how to get back to the car at the end.

Yesterday I went to the ocean pool and did a 1km swim. Normally I have a fair few breaks between laps but I decided to just have three short breaks and  found that once I had done more than about 3 laps I settled into a rhythm and could just knock them out quite easily. This is going to be my aim for next Sunday, just to relax, stay away from the big group and try to do it calmly. I managed the ocean pool 1km in 24mins so my aim for the Cole is about 30mins but we will see, just completing it will be a big achievement.

Today I wanted to do a big run. Unfortunately today turned into a pretty hot one and as I didn't get up till 8:30am it was already pretty warm. I did manage a 45min run which isn't bad. However the way I ran meant that I ended up right by the Cronulla sand dunes.


There were loads of people training on them and I suspect that if I had been there a little earlier there would have been even more. I have decided I should give it a go and now we have a car I can drive down in the mornings. I doubt I will last very long but it sure will be good practice.

I'm pretty excited that Biggest Loser has just started, gotta say I find quite inspirational and love watching the exercises and nutrition. Unfortunately the cricket and tennis mens final is on so I need to do a bit of flipping!

I think I will get up tomorrow and do some swimming, I need to do some good swims at the beginning of the week and them knock it back a little nearer to Sunday I think.

Chubby Katie.x