Monday 24 January 2011

A day of number ones

Here are the things I have done for the first time today:

Booked my first race of the year
Filled in my first food diary entry
My first race entry pack has arrived
Had my first glass of wine

Ok so I have already entered a race this year but today I entered the race that is going to be my first event of the year. I have been talking about doing the Revesby Workers Club Australia Day Fun Run for ages but today on the last day possible before the price doubles I did it. I signed up for the 8.2km. Now I just have to worry about getting up on my day off work (the race starts at 8am), finding my way there as I am doing it by myself and actually completing it (rumour has it there is a big hill at the end and it looks like being a 33C day (oh my god I only just found that out!!!) with a minimum of 23C). Although I do get to do the exciting part of races which is planning the outfit! Its obviously going to be a shorts day, maybe my new running sunnies but if it takes me 1hr30 to finish i'm going to look silly in my super sporty shades. I have the dream of running in a crop top, not just because you look super fit in them but also for the hot weather at the moment. Unfortunately I don't really have the stomach for it at the moment so but this kind of thing from Lorna Jane is what I am aiming for. Maybe when I have her stomach!


I attempted to fill in my food diary entry today. Boy its tough! You need to try and find every little thing you ate. If you ate a big mac, then that would be easy to find, it would be listed, calorie content, fats, everything. But you have a green tea and you have to go and find all the nutritional information on from the box. I guess its the sort of thing that you need to put a bit of time into at first but it will become quicker. The good thing is it seems I have eaten a little less than my daily maximum if all my calculations are correct. The bad news is I seem to have eaten 92% of my RDA of Iron. 

My Cole Classic race pack arrived! Super exciting. It included a swimming cap, there are about 8 groups and I am third from the back so I get a blue cap. An ankle strap and a timing chip. Think I might have to go swimming tomorrow, the arrival of my pack is a tad scary.

I had a glass of wine at work today, its not good! I think I am going to try and jump back on the detox wagon. I also had a cup of coffee and some fish today, eep. 

Thats it for today I think, I am off to bed with the intention of getting up early.
Chubby Katie.x