Friday 21 January 2011

Hectic - characterized by extreme activity or excitement

Gosh, what a busy week I have been having. I am sorry my bloggy friends you have been a bit neglected recently!

To be honest I have been letting myself go a tad. Didn't get up early this morning, had a coffee on the way in to work, looking forward to wine  o'clock! My eating hasn't been to bad though, I still haven't had any meat in January and I enjoyed a bean salad and mango for lunch.

Wednesday morning (with a little coaxing from Michael-clease) I got up early and went for a swim. I also coaxed Michael-clease a little and he got up! We looked outside and it looked a little nasty so we decided to use the pool in our unit block. I haven't been in it before, its pretty small, about 10 metres I think. I had already planned to do 1km so I forced myself to do 100 laps of it. It was actually easier than I thought although I think the pushing off each time is a bit cheating in a pool that size.

It was a hectic day so when I got home I thought a run would be just the thing to release the stress. Neil and I did a 30 minute run. I also included 4 pull ups and 6 push ups, not much I know but decent for me. Needless to say Neil managed a few more.

I have a bit of a busy weekend, its nice and doing fun things but I think my training will no doubt suffer. I will try and fit in a run and maybe a swim. On Sunday we are going to the cricket, funny how watching sport seems to be a very unhealthy activity, lots of beer and pies. Maybe the spectators know something I don't - the act of watching sport is enough to burn off the unhealthy food?!

Anyone keep a food diary? I probably should and have before. I guess the idea is you can work out how much your eating and how you feel and after time you can look back and see that on particular days you were feeling full of energy and try see if that corresponds to certain foods. The way it has helped me in the past is that I began to feel guilty if I put things like ice cream/chocolate bar/big mac down and so I was less tempted to eat them. Ok it's decided! Definitely starting a food diary. Some suggested Spark people so I'll give that a go.

Chubby Katie.x