Monday 17 January 2011

I've found my race

Exciting news! I have found my ironman race! It is the Challenge Wanaka in New Zealand. Who knows what year I will be ready to do it and whether I will be anywhere near New Zealand and whether I will be able to afford to travel to there but it just seems like a really nice race and the scenery is just amazing. 


You will be pleased to know that my gazpacho was pretty tasty. Its kind of weird if you are not used to cold soup but luckily its a pretty hot day so something so cold was very welcome. I had some tinned beans left so I added them to bulk it up a little and had some whole grain bread. 

Gosh I am bad at getting out of bed, this morning I was intending on going for a run but didn't make it. I need to put a few things in place to help me. Heres what I am going to do tonight:

  1. Go to bed early - if i'm not tired in the morning I should be able to get up early
  2. Have a glass of water before bed - the old native american trick (that was on the Simpsons) so you are busting for the toilet when you wake up
  3. Put a glass of water next to your bed - apparently being dehydrated makes you sleepier, so if you drink as soon as you wake you should be less tired
  4. Get all your clothes ready the night before - its easier to convince yourself that by the time you've found all your running gear it will be to late to exercise anyway
  5. Move the alarm clock away from the bed - that way you have to get up to turn it off
  6. I might try putting a picture of something inspirational by my alarm clock, like an athlete or one of those views of the Wanaka challenge that way I will see it when I first wake up and know what I am working towards
Thats all the ideas I have for now so I will tell you how it goes tomorrow.
Chubby Katie.x