Wednesday 5 January 2011

A fishy dilemma

I went to Sushi the other night. I am a big fan of sushi. It seems to be quite healthy from what I can tell, I like to challenge myself with using chopsticks, its a good excuse to down a Singha and its not too expensive. Turns out my it is tricky with my healthy eating January. Sushi seems to have very limited vegetarian options. About the only things I could eat were vegetable tempura which, although tasting very nice, were fried and therefore not particularly healthy! And we had a nice healthy glass of water to wash it down!
So it looks like sushi might be off the cards for January, I think Michael-cleases might start getting a little annoyed with my veggie month, hes already suggested it might end but costing us more when I mentioned getting some of those vegetable crisps!

Most days I haven't completely given up caffeine, I have just been having a green tea and maybe a regular tea, but for someone who could easily drink 3 coffees and a coke in day I think its pretty good. However I am writing this at 4pm and so far I have only had a decaf coffee and a lemon and ginger herbal tea and I am beginning to get a headache. It could be the fact that I am just back to work after the break and have been sat at my computer all day but it could also be the caffeine withdrawals. I might make a cup of tea so I can find out.


I had a break from training today, first day back at work was enough of a challenge. Plus I have been running and swimming a fair bit recently so I am sure a break was needed. Yesterday both the boys (Michael-clease & housemate Neil) were back at work so I was home alone. I managed to get up early and went for a 1hour cycle to Kurnell and back. I would like to say I enjoy it but it was more of a "lets get this over with" kind of thing.


Is anyone else a little freaked out by some of their equipment? I got some sporty sunglasses for Christmas and I was looking at myself in the mirror and I looked a little scary! Maybe I just look a little too professional, despite their cheap price, than I actually am. I shall endeavour to upload a photo shortly.


Chubby Katie.x