Thursday 13 January 2011

Random ramblings

Some days I just don't have any inspiration for posts and today is one of those days. I got up at 6am to chat to my parents (who are in England) and so did have time to do any exercise. I think when I exercise in the morning not only does it give me interesting stuff to write about but it is good time for me to think of ideas.

A few things have popped into my mind so you will just have to put up with my ramblings (whats new I hear you say!)......

Inspired by Racing It Off I thought I would mention a couple of exercise related books, I have only read two I think but I quite enjoyed them. The first is Just a little run around the world by Rosie Swale Pope. Its about a woman whos husband dies of cancer and so she decides to run around the world. Made me want to do a really long run although that urge has worn off pretty quickly!
The second book I have read is How triathlon ruined my life by Darren Roberts. His book is similar to this blog in that he goes from no triathlon experience to eventually doing an Ironman, although I think he did have a head start fitness wise. Its an interesting little book that you will no doubt relate to in parts, i'm almost tempted to reread it now!

Is anyone else a self about exercising? I always worry about what people think of me and I am actually pretty shy. I don't wear my Vibram Five Fingers as much as I should as I am worried people are going to stop me and ask what the hell I have got on my feet. As I mentioned my new glasses scare me, I think its because I am going to a fast cyclist overtake me and wonder what the hell I am doing wearing those glasses and going so slowly! I'm scared of doing badly in race, drowning or falling off my bike and everyone staring at me.

I was thinking about brick training today (where you do one thing followed by another i.e a bike ride then straight to a run) and decided at the weekend I might try some. There is a bit of a loop near my house I can cycle then run, then cycle then run. Its about 3.8km so not to far but should be a bit of a challenge if I do a few laps.

Thats about all for today, I am going to get off the train two stops early again I think and run home, this time I have my ipod loaded with Zen and the Art of Triathlon podcasts. All being well (and me not being lazy) I will swim tomorrow morning.

Chubby Katie.x