Monday 28 March 2011

One of those rare creatures

Part the bushes of centennial park on a sunny day between the hours of 1pm and 2pm and you may just be lucky enough to spot the rarest of creatures, a runner without a Garmin!

Its me! I admit I have no Garmin :( Now I hear good things about them and I'm sure I would find it very handy but one of the reasons I got into running is that its meant to be a cheap sport and as far as I know they are $300 +. I say this because today I attempted a speed training session and it was a bit of a disaster. I set off thinking I would run fast for 2 minutes and then walk for 2, I managed this about 3 times before I was done in!
So I really need to look into how to do speed work, if you don't have a garmin how do you know how fast to go? I don't have a heart rate monitor either, thats probably quite poor for someone training for a marathon, maybe I will look into buying one.

So this weeks total 24 kms. I slightly cheated and did my long run today instead of yesterday. It was pouring most the day plus I had been kayaking and quad biking on Saturday which I was aching from.

Gosh I really need to put aside some quality blogging time, two posts a week is very slack! I promise to try harder.

Chubby Katie