Friday 4 March 2011

Parks and vegetables

I was planning on giving you an update of my veg box challenge but we ended up eating out last night so the vegetables are still sitting in the box. We will have a little bbq tonight so I will update you with how that goes. While we are on the subject of food I was checking out the tri Marni blog and she had some tips for healthy eating which I thought were very sound advice:


* Take pride in preparing meals and give yourself the proper amount of time to do so.
* Be creative with your meals and snacks
* Purchase useful and fun Tupperware and dishes
* Aim for less than 5 ingredients for at least 75-80% of the foods in your home
* Take time to eat your meal, with little to no distractions (ex. computer, TV, phone)
* Enjoy occasional desserts and sweet-treats, without feelings of guilt
* Spread your calories throughout the day
* Look forward to one item at every meal
* Focus on variety throughout the day
* Bulk up your meals with plant-based foods
* Try to consume at least 3 servings of fruits and veggies before dinner
* Plan for snacks between meals, as well as pre-meal snacks, while preparing your meals
* Plan pre-and-post training snacks
* Drink plenty of water
* Get a restful night of sleep
* Eat for fuel, not for a number on a scale 



I didn't get up early this morning, after a week of 6am starts I really felt like I needed a bit of a lie in. Instead I will run home from work, I have a 5km route planned (even though my training schedule only says 3.2km!). On Sunday I have my long run, we live really near a national park and I am thinking of doing it in there around the Jibbon loop. I can run to the ferry hop on board to the national park, do the loop which will probably be about 6.8km and then hop on the ferry home. I would need to take water, my phone, money and a map but its not too far from civilisation so i'm sure i'll be ok. 


Oh gosh I have just realised this is my 50 post! Happy Anniversary Chubby Katie.


I will tell you how I get on.
Chubby Katie.x