Tuesday 1 March 2011

A few bits and bobs

For the second day in a row I have managed to get out of bed at 6am, well just past but i'm proud of myself though, i'm sure I can build up to a bit earlier.
Michael-clease and I went for a swim, we should really have jogged to the pool and back as it took about 15mins to get there and back. It was really busy in there, I think maybe as the mornings are getting light later everyone wants to go at sunrise. Anyway that counts as my cross training for today. My legs are aching a fair bit, I think as I haven't run for a while.

I was watching biggest loser the other day (i really love that show) and one of the trainers said "train the mind and the mind will train the body". I was a little inspired by that. I know that people are all ways saying that marathons are 40% physical and 60% mental but I think maybe in my case it is even more mental!

We have just had our first fruit and veg box delivered, it is very exciting! It arrived last night and I was amazed at the amount that was included. There is nothing too exotic in there, bananas, plums, grape, potatoes, beans etc but I think it will be quite a challenge to get them all used before they go off.
Talking of food I have realised that I eat pretty healthy during the week and then it all goes a bit pear shaped at the weekend, or should that be beer bottle shaped!

I think that is all I have for now.
Bye.x