Monday 1 November 2010

Rain Rain Rain

Such a wet day in Bondi today and I am ashamed to say that it was another rest day for me. At which point does a rest day become just a lazy day? I think that point has passed.
One problem I have (excuse) is that I am not a member of a gym, it just seems like a waste of money when I can just run in the park and cycle to work but on rainy days it would be nice to jump on a treadmill in front of Neighbours!

So instead of talking about my exercise I will say a little more about my nutrition. Something I am really enjoying for breakfast at the moment is Bircher. I make it quite roughly with a lot of guess work, there are plenty of recipes out there if you like to be more accurate.

  • Rolled Oats
  • Apple Juice
  • Yoghurt
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Mixed berries
  • Grated apple
  • Chopped banana 
We make enough for about 6 servings at a time. I use about 3 cups of oats and one of those big tubs of yoghurt. Add a little apple juice, it can be runnier than you want your end product as the oats will soak up a little juice.
Add one grated apple and a couple handfuls of mixed berries.
Put in the fridge overnight.
In the morning serve with some chopped banana.

I will add a picture tomorrow just before breakfast, Yum!

Finally my Bircher, it was a little stiff so I added some milk
Chubby Katie.x