Tuesday 2 November 2010

Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today

Well tomorrow actually and even at my chubbiest I have quite a small bottom. That's a line from I want to ride my bicycle by Queen.


I love riding my bike but i'd really rather all my routes were flat, car free and always sunny (but not too hot). Unfortunately that isn't very likely in Bondi. Tomorrow there is a high chance of rain and it is busy and hilly. A few years ago I regularly rode the 14kms to work but at the moment I am struggling to ride 5. Sydney is well known as a bad place for cyclist. While I have never had any particularly bad issues there are not to many cycle paths and a few drivers are not so friendly.


For me cycling is the easiest of the triathlon events, I am not particularly fast but a few years ago I managed the 90km London to Brighton. And so tomorrow I aim to begin getting back my cycle fitness.


I have a road bike that I bought off Ebay about two years ago. It is quite old and didn't cost to much and I think it is a little big for me. If you are thinking of buying a new bike there are many websites that will explain how to get a correctly fitting bike. 


Here is a picture of my bike. I wish I loved her more but at the moment I see her as a pain and dream of a new one. I think I need to spend some quality time with her, ride down big hills, make her chain sparkle!



Chubby Katie.x