Saturday 20 November 2010

Stress soothing carrot muffins

I have struggled with what to write over the last few days, I told Michael and he said don't write a post about not knowing what to write!


I have been feeling a little stressed and sorry for myself over the last few days. Apart from a couple of runs home from work I have done much training. Then the other day I had a few too many pieces of toblerone and yesterday a carrot muffin to soothe my stress, good news is it worked, the bad news is I think there were many other ingredients to counteract the benefits of the carrot. Plus I am drinking a fair bit of coffee which I don't think is helping anything.


I have decided I need to get into a better routine. At the moment I really only exercise when I feel like it and just pick an activity that best suits my day, for example if its raining in the morning I will get the bus to work and run home, if its a nice day and I need to get to work quicker I will cycle.


I have done a little reading on the time it takes to form a habit. Although it varies from person to person and the findings are quite varied it seems that between 21 and 60 days is about what it takes to get into a routine. With being said I am going to attempt to get up at 6am every morning (excluding weekends) and do some exercise for the next two months and hopefully by then it will be easy and just part of my lifestyle. It's going to get a little complicated as I am moving in a week and a half but I don't want to use that as an excuse not to be active until then. I have drawn up a little schedule which I will try out this week.


Now I am off for a bike ride!
Chubby Katie.x