Monday 22 November 2010

Inspiring stuff

I am feeling really inspired today! I have been keeping up with the events in Ironman Arizona. My hero Chrissie Wellington not only was she the first woman to finish but she managed to beat her own record! Its great news as she had to pull out of  Kona Ironman in October due to illness and it goes to show that she hasn't been affected by that set back.  There are a few other really inspiring stories check out the official website here:

The best thing was watching the live footage of everyone crossing the finish line, plus Chrissie Wellington was waiting as they crossed it and handing out the silver blankets. What a lovely woman, she deserves a lot more publicity(take note Mr BBC sports personality of the year judge).

Luckily I cycled to work today (as per my new schedule) so I get to cycle home. Unfortunately I failed on the first hurdle and didn't get up at 6am today! I will make up for it by going on a short run when I get home I think.

Yesterday I didn't do my long run as Michael and I went to Michael's parents house, luckily they have a pool though and it was a lovely day so I did 100 laps (1km).

So tomorrow I hope to get up early and go for a swim. Fingers crossed.
Chubby Katie