Sunday 9 October 2011

Inspirational stuff

I have had an exciting day tracking the competitors in the Ironman world champions in Kona, Hawaii.
I am so pleased to say that Chrissie Wellington won (yet again) especially as she had a bike crash a week ago and seemed to be in some pain still. She was still in about 5th place by the end of the bike course but then managed to pass all the others to win the race!

Craig Alexander from Cronulla (although the Ironman website kept saying he was American!) won the men's which is pretty exciting too. Apparently his run wasn't the fastest and it was his bike ride that won it for him.

All this activity inspired me and so Michael Clease and I went on a run along the beach. The beach in Cronulla is pretty long and by sunset its quite quiet.
I struggled a bit, the sand was less firm than usual. It was tough on my calfs and I was quite slow. It was a beautiful sky as we were finishing though, hopefully that means a nice day tomorrow :)

I still haven't entered the Kurnell Triathlon, i'm scared that i'm not fast enough, that my bikes not good enough and that I come will come last by a big margin. Can't decide whether to just go for it or go and watch the first one and then enter the second?!

Off to bed, good night all.
Chubby Katie.x