Monday 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween

We went to a Halloween party on Saturday night. Lots of fun in fancy dress, Michael-clease and I went as Batman and Robin! We were asked to take a carved pumpkin (prizes for the best).

After a couple of grueling hours heres the result, mines on the right:



Sadly I didn't win the prize but I was left with lots of pumpkin flesh. I decided to make myself a pumpkin smoothie ready for a post run snack. I took my inspiration from the wonderful Tri Marni http://tinyurl.com/6dmewcs

Unfortuntely I had no whey powder, ice, celery, cashews, flaxseed oil or chocolate. Instead I added a few sunflower seeds and a teaspoon of honey. I cooked the pumpkin in the microwave for about 5mins and then blended it all together.

I reckon its either an acquired taste or better the way Marni suggests but it wasn't that tasty! I'm sure it was quite good for me but I struggled to finish the whole thing.

Luckily Marni has posted another smoothie receipe with pumpkin puree http://tinyurl.com/6jgbas5 This one has apple and peanut butter in as well so I think that'll be a bit tastier!