Friday 14 October 2011

Sun, sea and Pina Coladas

Tomorrow I am off on holiday! 6 fantastic nights in sunny (I hope) Fiji. I really cannot wait and it seems like so long since i've had a proper holiday.
To commemorate I thought I would write a little tip list to remind myself as much as anyone else how to enjoy yourself without wasting all the good work you've been doing leading up.


  1. Get some exercise. As you are on holiday why not try something different. Depending on where you are you could sign up for roller blade lessons, play some tennis, go water skiing. Going away doesn't mean you have to lie by the swimming pool the whole day.
  2. Explore on your feet. Get to know the local area by going for a run. Check first about best routes, especially safety wise and avoid going after dark.
  3. Take it easy on the alcohol. I'm a big fan of a beer with lunch while i'm on holiday but don't go too crazy, remember alcohol has lots of calories.
  4. Take advantage of the healthy foods. Many holiday destination, especially tropical countries, have lots of cheap fresh fruit. Try new types, drink juices, salads. Things like water melon always taste lovely and refreshing in the hot weather.
  5. Be prepared right packing lists and make sure you remember the important things. Stree is no good for your health.

    Well that's all I can think of. I'm at Sydney airport and just about to check in so I will see you in a week.
    Chubby katie.x
  6. Drink lots of water, it will help keep you hydrated in the hot weather, is better to sip by the pool than alcohol and keep you looking fresh and healthy for your return.

  7. Get some rest. If you train hard and work hard take this time to chill out and catch up on sleep