Sunday 23 October 2011

Sprint Baby

Ok ok i've had a great idea, well I was inspired by Brett on the Zen Tri podcast. I was out running and listen to his podcast, as I often do, and he was talking about his Iron baby. Its a self supported Iron man that he has done about 6 times for charity.
It made me think, maybe I should do a self supported sprint triathlon. I would do it instead of the Kurnell triathlon and then go and watch the Kurnell one and see how I would compare.

So a Sprint tri is a 750m swim, 20km bike and a 5km run. I will aim to do it on 19th Nov on the day before Kurnell, early in the morning to avoid too much traffic and heat.

I still need to plan the route but I think ideally i'd like to do it in the ocean rather a swimming pool. Maybe an ocean pool would be okay. Only probably is that I would need to lock my bike up and leave my bike shoes somewhere.

I might try and rope my dad into doing one in England at the same time. Let me know if you've done anything similar or are keen to give it a try.

Chubby Katie