Saturday 22 October 2011

Chubby chubby Katie

I'm back! Hi everybody. I had a really lovely and relaxing time but I am keen to put some of the things i've been thinking about into practice.

The main one being my diet. In Fiji I made sure I had veggies with every meal but it was often accompanied with chips and usually followed by ice cream!
Now I want to really start planning my meals, making sure I eat plenty of fresh ingredients and try harder with my vegetarianism which has been a little slack recently.

The most exciting thing that I have discovered since being back is that bananas are back down to a decent price!!! I can't wait to start having them with my muesli again.

I was reading tri marni's (Kona triathlon recent finisher!) blog today and she talked about a pre meal snack. Initially I thought this sounded a bit piggy and only for the super elite until I started thinking about what to have for lunch. I decided on a salmon and salad wrap with a little tomato salsa and then I realised that it would take a while to make the salsa.
I knew if I was going to be making my wrap when I was super hungry I was going to be more tempted to put unhealthy things in. Things like dressings full of sugar and sticking some crisps on the side.
Instead I made myself a super quick smoothing with milk, banana, coffee and cinnamon. Stuff that would help to fuel my run later today. I sipped it while knocking up my salsa feeling very happy with myself!

Since being away my big toe nail is looking looser than ever. Its the one that hasn't been the same since my marathon. I think its only a matter of time before it comes off, i'm just hoping that the new one is growing nicely underneath. I don't think I would like to see my bald toe!

Chubby Katie