Tuesday 14 December 2010

Whats in a name

Yesterday Michael-Clease (as he has requested is his blog name be) and I got up earlyish, well for Sunday anyway. We put on our running stuff and did a quick 20min before getting to the ocean pool near us and jumping in for 10 laps. It was already getting stinking hot so the swim was very welcome.

I love breakfast, I think it might be my favourite meal of the day, especially at weekends. After our run and swim we made ourselves come avocado, tomato and scrambled egg on toast, with a coffee on the side. It was mighty tasty and I am loving eating on our new balcony.

In the afternoon my housemate Neil came home and asked if I fancied a swim. I did! There is a tiny beach near us, it doesn’t get very crowded as there is a much bigger one down the road and it’s a little steep to get to. And off this beach is shark island. Now when I was in Thailand we canoed into crocodile cave, the guide assured us that a crocodile hadn’t been spotted there in the last 60 years! I am assuming that this is the same for Shark island as Neil and I decided to swim to it.
As I mentioned in the last post I am not that strong a swimmer and this was really my first ocean swim but I really enjoyed it. Neil is a trained life guide so that was reassuring and I think we only really swam about 200 metres but I am quite pleased with my first attempt.

Next up I want to swim around the island. I reckon its probably about 500/600metres round the island which should be really good training for the Cole Classic. There is also a race around Shark Island which might be worth considering http://res.au.eventdirector.net/CSLSC/SITES/1139/default.asp

Thats it for now.
Chubby Katie.x