Friday 17 December 2010

I started this post a few days ago and didn’t manage to finish it but finally here it is:

15/12/10
It is a very important day today! It is Michael-cleases birthday! He is the grand old age of 28 today. Unfortunately my training has been and is likely to be a bit slack. I was up at 6am this morning baking birthday cup cakes and will have birthday and work drinks for the next few days.

The plus is though that I bought Michael-clease some sporty presents and I can now tell you about them and hopefully review them soon.
So his main present was some shoes for his bike. He hasn’t ridden with clipless ones yet, hopefully we can get the pedals attached on Sunday and he can have a go. I got him dhb R1 Road Cycling Shoes in black.

They were pretty cheap ones but I thought they would be good for a first pair and had got really good reviews on Wiggle.co.uk
I also got him these shorts:

Usually he wears board shorts for running and cycling and I decided it was time he got some dedicated ones for the job. These have a little key pocket which I find essential and are apparently quick drying. I think Michael is more comfortable with the longer board short length rather than those short shorts that some runners wear. I swear he got a few present that he actually wanted rather than things I wanted him to have!

From his parents Michael-clease got a bbq. I do love eating bbq food so I think we will be having it quite often. It can easily turn into an unhealthy meal though, beers, crisps, cheese and tomato sauce all seem to go hand in hand with bbq’d meat. I need to start thinking of some healthy dishes I can prepare, things like veggie skewers and big salads work well and I love love love corn on the cob. Ooh and fish on the bbq is so goooood, I will definitely be doing that next week plus it means the house doesn’t smell of fish afterwards. Yep getting hungry just thinking about it!

17/12/10
I am hoping to book a few events in this weekend. The Cole Classic (eep should have booked it already and the early bird finishes today) and the Elite Energy Huskinsson triathlon. I think I am going to try the sprint distance, they have an enticer but I have already done that length.

I have just been reading a little about cyclecross, I think I would like to give it a go. Anyone know of any clubs for beginners? Also I can’t afford to buy a new bike for it especially as there is a fair chance I will try it and decide its not for me.

I noticed recently that I have put on a little weight, to much partying I think. I fear I might not do anything about it till January, Eep!

Well thats it for now.
Even Chubbier Katie.x