Wednesday 22 December 2010

Christmas is no time to celebrate the destruction of your endothelial cells

January is a great time to start things new isn't it. Michael-clease is convinced that his years go in groups of three: good, ok and bad. This year has apparently been a bad year which, I think, means that next year is going to be a good one! Which is exciting.
I always plan to be healthy in January and begin my new healthier diet but by December I am usual back to the coke and chocolate! With the plan being to do a fair few races this year it is more important than ever to stick to the healthy lifestyle.

I have just been reading this article http://tiny.cc/vtr84. I don't think it is a coincidence that they published at the end of the year when everyone is thinking about their new year resolutions. I have for a while now toyed with the idea of vegetarianism and veganism but not really put much effort into it.  Now I have not really thought this thoroughly or discussed it with anyone but I am considering not drinking or eating meat in January.What do you think? Is it crazy to give up both at the same time? Or will I feel so amazing that I will never go back?

Natalie Portman is apparently a vegan, she was a vegetarian until she read Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer http://tiny.cc/5tfja and then converted. I am quite a fan of his writing and having read the reviews it seems the book is really about the research into the meat industry rather than his own views and judgements. I intend to get myself a copy of the book and read it over the Christmas holidays. I am really looking forward to the time to relax, read, do a little exercise and catch on on a few chores.

Finally I have entered the Cole Classic, my housemate Neil and I did it with about 10 minutes to spare before the end of the early bird entry price. Although I have just realised that the early bird has been extended, obviously they haven't had many entries! So there is no backing out for me now.

Not sure if I will get a chance to blog again before Christmas so have a lovely one what ever you are doing. If its not raining Michael-clease and I might attempt to attach his new pedals, photos to follow...

Katie.xx