Tuesday 31 December 2013

Your Christmas personality type

The way I see it is there is three Christmas eating personality types. Well four if you count people who don't celebrate Christmas, they just carry on as usual!

The 'you don't have to mess up your diet to to have a good time at Christmas' people - to be honest no one wants these sort round at Christmas, the have jacket potato instead of roast, fruit salad instead of pudding and a pumpkin and ginger smoothie instead of a glass or three of wine.

The second tend to control themselves slightly - have one mince pie instead of three, one glass of wine instead of half a bottle, they manage to have a couple of chocolates rather than the whole box. This is the group that most of us would like to think we'll be.

Then there is the third piggier category - The have second helpings even though they already have a severe case of the meat sweats, the eat mince pies for breakfast lunch an dinner, the start drinking at lunch time and use any excuse for a drink.

I have to confess I am completely in the last category!! I love Christmas and Christmas food and drink. I use it as an excuse to eat and drink all the naughty stuff that I would usually shy away from. Cheesy footballs are a guilty pleasure, I could eat a whole tub over the Christmas period.

But I don't have a problem with this! I am good in my eating and exercise most of the year and come December I relax. The reason I don't have a problem is because I feel I need this step backwards to allow the leap forward that happens in January.

For Christmas Michael Clease bought me these two books, one to encourage my triathlon dreams and one to help me find my ideal career. I am excited to get reading them and get inspired.
I do love New Years day and the possibilities that there are for the upcoming year, the blank canvas that the year is, the ability to better myself and become a better person.

I will put together a list for my next post of all the things that I hope to achieve and goals I will set myself but for this last day I will make the most of eating and drinking all the naughty things that are in the house :)