Thursday 5 December 2013

Couple 'a' new things

I've been looking into a few new things recently that I'm going to give a go.

The first is Marathon Talk podcast's Jantastic. Its a challenge for January, February and March thats all about re-motivating you after Christmas and a maybe a bit too much indulgence. The podcast is English so its also to motivate you in the chilly winter months, not something that I need to worry about in Sydney but the heat of summer can be an excuse to limit running too.

In January you are meant to set an amount of runs you'll do per week and challenge yourself to stick to it. I've gone for 3. I think thats a good number thats going to get me running but not too many thats going to be too challenging to stick to. It will also leave me days to attempt some other exercise.

February is about keeping up that number of runs but also working on your distance, after all the show is called Marathon Talk.
March is about combining January and Februarys results and also working on speed.


The second thing is an app for the iphone called Sleep if you can. Its described as the Worlds most annoying alarm app. I've commented on here a few times before about the challenge I face every single morning trying to get out of bed to do some exercise so I'm keen to give this a go.
When you first get it you have to register somewhere for example the bathroom, then when the alarm goes off you have to get up and take a photograph of something specific in there. Its cheating if you do something close to your bed!!
Read more about it here, they also have some other alarms for the bed lover, like one on wheels!

Last thing to mention is that I am currently looking into the Gold Coast marathon as an option. Its in July...plenty of time to train, its not so far away that it'll cost a fortune, its meant to be a fast one (although a marathon is only as fast as the person running it (I just made that up!!)) and its in a popular holiday destination so fingers crossed there might be some cheap accomodation options, maybe even a campsite?

I'm off to England for Christmas, hopefully i'll have lots of spare time to run around the lovely countryside and counter act the damage of mince pies and mulled wine!

CK.x