Friday 4 February 2011

Fruit loops and bananas

One of these is plentiful in our house and one is not, can you guess?

In case you haven't heard, on Wednesday evening there was a big cyclone in North Queensland. Luckily it was down grounded from a category 5 to a category 3 and no body so far is believed to be dead or seriously injured. So no we can consider the other deaths in this natural disaster, the (temporary) death of the Australian banana!
I try to always eat one a day and they are great for energy for us athletes. Apparently they also help your body produce serotonin which helps regulate your moods and keeps you happier and positive, the lose of bananas makes for a sad day in many ways! If the national papers are to be believed the price of bananas could increase at least 5 fold!

In other Chubby Katie news a packet of Fruit Loops breakfast cereal has made its way in our house! I know they are a very tasty product but I am sure they are the healthy eaters enemy. For a start my usual muesli has 8.1g of sugar per serving compared to Fruit Loops that have 17g, the muesli has 10mg of sodium compared to 190mg in Fruit loops. And then there is the long list of ingredients in it and all the colourings in them. So I will be trying my best to stay well away from them and trying to keep a hyper Michael-clease under control.

This morning I did a great run and ocean swim. I am working on my chin ups and managed a whopping 2 1/2 today at the run half way point. I reliably informed that the buoy that we swam to is 150meters out and so we did 300m round trip, I was feeling calm and relaxed and so it really helped my confidence for Sundays big swim.

The other day I lost most of my little toe nail! It really freaks me out but I think its quite a normal part of running and I am told that it should be back to normal in a few months. I would say I will keep you updated but you would probably would rather I didn't!

Chubby Katie.x