Saturday 12 February 2011

Beat the Brain

At the moment my Ironwoman dream is looking very far in the distance! I have had a very lazy week after my big swim at the weekend and I think my belly is looking a little flabbier. As is always the way I will promise myself that next week will be different, the beginning of my new regime.

Does anyone have a Wii fit? I do but sadly don't use it very often. I got on it the other day and it said it had been something like 300 days since my last work out! On the plus side it said I had lost 3kg which is fantastic. I was thinking that I should looking into getting a cheap set of scales to weigh myself but turns out the wii does that so I don't need to get any.
Anyway I was on it the other day and did about 40mins yoga as well as a few planks and the like. It was really good and it was on a really hot day when I didn't really fancy going outside for a run so this was perfect.

Michael-clease has invented a new technique for getting out of bed and exercising, he is calling it beating the brain. His method is as soon as your alarm goes off, before you have time to think of reasons not to get up, you tell your body "quick get up, beat that brain!" It sounds simple enough although I tried it on Friday with not much success. On Monday morning I vow to add it to my other techniques and see if I can't get this body moving!

I have just signed up to join in the CK Virtual Fun Run Series run by Thats how I roll's Jessica  and her friend Paula. They set dates and distances and you train so you are ready and then everyone runs on the same day regardless of were they are. Its a great idea for those of us who can't afford a race every weekend but also good for those people who live in rural locations. They are starting off with very short distances and building up. If I am going to be doing the Hunter Valley Marathon in July my training will no doubt over take the races but it still sounds like a fun thing to be involved with. The first run is 2nd April and 2.5km and then on 16th April there is a 5km run. It will also help with my run for the bling of it challenge. I gotta say I don't know how people just run without doing races and challenges, I really need the motivation.

Right I am off to enjoy my Saturday.
Chubby Katie.x