Monday 6 January 2014

Upping my training

As I mentioned in my new year resolutions I am going to start training for an Ironman triathlon. I'm still not sure which one I am going to be able to do, there are a few factors to consider:
Money to enter
Money for new bike, wetsuit, new triathlon suitable cycling shoes
Location for flight costs
Location for days off work (I am running out already!)
Upcoming events (hard to train with upcoming out of town weddings plus my own)

But in the mean time I am just going to train like I am doing one, I figure at the worst I'll be thinner, healthier and fitter with a good base when I do manage to lock one in ;)


So I have set about making a training schedule. I've used this one as a basis and modified it to fit my needs. This is what I have so far:



The header is a little reminder of the distances when I start questioning if this is really all necessary.
Michael Clease is keen to join me on Monday and Thursday mornings (he surfs on the other mornings) so I would switch some days round so he has variety.

As part of Jantastic I have committed to 3 runs a week, I've added the 2km runs on Monday and Thursday to up my running weekly total, plus the pool is about 1km away!

This morning was tough, it was the first day back at work, I wasn't looking forward to it, I slept badly and ended up not doing my swim. The good thing is I will swim this evening, the schedule starts off slowly to get me used to 6 days of exercise, if I fail to get up in the morning I still have lunchtime and evening to complete it.

I have mocked up the next couple of months, I'll see how I go with these first before I show you.