Thursday 2 January 2014

New years resolutions

I'm excited for 2014, as I said in the last post I am excited to grab it by the horns and jump right in. I've been thinking about my resolutions and I have soooooo many!! No doubt I won't fulfill them all but I do plan to take a stab at least.

Exercise
  • Complete Jantastic
  • Aim for Park run every week (unless valid reason to not)
  • Train for Ironman Cairns - entering and completing will be budget dependent but I figure there is no harm in training anyway!
  • Make motivation wall 
Diet
  • Take diet in hand - reduce alcohol intake, plan meals more effectively, eat more fruit veg and raw food
  • Drink less coffee - I know this isn't just a stop coffee kinda thing, I plan to reduce my coffee intake over a few weeks and then switch to a green smoothie as a kind of substitute drink
Life
  • Work towards better career - have action plan and choose course by end of January
  • Get married - put together plan so I know what needs to be done each month
  • Do things I have been putting off - book in doctors, dentists and financial matters
  • Be more tolerant and kind to others and work on being friendlier - I was looking for a great quote i've seen before but in the end this seemed to sum up my thoughts well “Don't fucking make judgments about something you know nothing about.” 
    ― Cecily von ZiegesarBecause I'm Worth It The other quote I had planned said we shouldn't judge people for the glimpse of their life that we see, we do not now what came before or after, which kind of means the same thing. 

Okey dokey, I have those down and out in the open. This weekend I intend to adjust things so that I can jump right in on 6th Jan (especially training for Cairns Ironman and getting a grip of my diet). I'd ask you to wish me luck but I know it is will power not luck I need.
Happy New Year.
Chubby Katie.x