Thursday 20 February 2014

Feeling too old

Recently i've been feeling really old, especially first thing in the morning. I kinda hobble to the bathroom for my shower, I feel tired and I have to support myself to sit down.
I know i'm not getting any younger but i'm worried if I feel like this at 31 i'm going to be struggling to walk to the corner shop by the time i'm 51!
I'd always envisioned myself being one of those 80 year old marathon runners, with more time on my hands after retiring i'd be running and swimming and going to yoga.

So i've decided to try and address it. I figure there are five things that are causing this feeling:

  • Poor diet - you probably realise that my diet is not particularly bad but there are definitely areas I could improve. For example I have a large coffee every morning when I get to work, I wonder if I didn't rely  on coffee whether I would wake up more lively. I could also do with eating a little more green veggies and salad and less chocolate.
  • Exercise - Its a common idea that the more exercise you do the more energy you have. 
  • Stiffness - I've dabbled in yoga before but never down it properly. While I can't currently afford to pay for lessons a few times a week I'm going to try and do it at home on youtube at least twice a week.  I'd like to feel looser and more supple, i'm hoping this will help.
  • Stress - I like to think of myself as a fairly chilled out person but I think in reality I tend to stress a fair bit but not show it. This is no doubt a factor in my issue. Of course upping my exercise should help this and also doing yoga. I think it would be helpful to incorporate some sort of meditation in with the yoga. Plus I have a number of things in my life, my career being one of them, that I need to sort out but of course its easier said than done
  • Health issue - there could be a under lying problem that I don't know about. Once I've implemented the others I should have a better idea of whether its something I should see a doctor about.

Wow I have lots of work to be doing!! Step one I think is going to have to be limiting my beloved coffee. Of course it could all just be a sign of getting older and something i'll have to deal with. 
CK.x