Monday 3 February 2014

A crossroads

I feel like i've come to a bit of a crossroads in my life. I found out the other day I am being made redundant. Its no secret (probably even to my boss) that I haven't been happy in my job for a while but this redundancy makes me feel like i've had the rug pulled out from under my feet.

If I wanted to stay in the industry I am in I don't think I would feel so panicked, I would just ask around, let people know I was looking and I think something would turn up.
But I want a complete change and the problem is I don't know what to!!

I'd love a job that gives Michael Clease and I more work life balance. At the moment we both leave the house at 7:45am don't get home much before 7:45pm. If I could get a job where I can be home a little more it would be less pressure on Michael Clease, he wouldn't have to do some many chores when he got home and we could enjoy our evenings together a little more. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I want to become a house wife but if one of us is going to be doing 12hr days I think the other one needs to not do them.

Of course there is my triathlon "career" to think of! I'd love to be able to dedicate a little more time to training and not feel like its such a struggle. And i'd love to have time for other extra curricular activities.

But hey I guess thats what most people want, a job were they don't have to work so much!