Tuesday 19 November 2013

Update update

I know what you are all thinking! You're thinking how did the hiit work out go, how did the limiting alcohol go??????
And you're thinking 'I wonder what Chubby Katies plan for next year is". Ok ok you wore me down, this post shall we dedicated to blog updates.

Well I done two hiit session, I didn't go to the park as I was suggesting as I needed a good timer on the computer and also I was cooking dinner at the same time. But the good thing about the workout is you can do it pretty much anywhere and do things like cook dinner as each round takes about 7 mins.
It went well, I did it twice round and was struggling a little by the end. I must say though I was expecting to feel some aching the next and I didn't so maybe I didn't go hard enough! And I did slack off the burpees on the second set.

The alcohol....well thats not going quite so well. I had a party two weekends ago and a wedding last weekend and had a few ciders left in the fridge! I had three week days not drinking and did drink a few glasses of lemonade at the party. I will continue trying to restrict my week day drinking.

And now the exciting bit....next years racing. I'd like to do a marathon, a swim and a half ironman.  I have my heart set on this one but money might be the deciding factor.

I maybe should do a longer post on it but a few of the costs would be:
Wetsuit - depending on water temperature
Bike - mines not really up to scratch
Flights - plus extra for bike transport
Hotel
Entry costs - which is likely to be around $300
Eppppp! Lets put that in the maybe pile for now.

For the swim i'd like to do my local Shark Island swim, the dates not set yet but it looks like being the end of April.

I have my heart set on doing the Fitzroy Falls Fire trail marathon as I missed it this year, its in October. It would be fun to do a road one too but I haven't looked into that yet.
I'd like to do the Letchworth Greenway half marathon too but I have a wedding the day before!!

So a little more research is needed but I will leave you with shot from the Cairns 70.3 - it looks beautiful :)