Wednesday 13 November 2013

Hiit training

I have a park right opposite my house, I often look at it and think its such a waste that I don't take advantage of it. It got me thinking that I should try and fit in a bit of resistance training.
Have you heard of HIIT training? Otherwise known as high intensity interval training. The premise is that you do quick hard routines that get the heart pumping and surprises the muscles to improve fat burning and speeding up your metabolism, a routine only takes around 10 minutes but it is a very uncomfortable 10 minutes.

I found this work out which I'm going to give a go. Heres what I'll do:

30 seconds slow jogging to warm up
30 seconds of jumping jacks
30 sec wall sit (where you bend your knees and rest your back against the wall)
30 sec push up
30 abdominal crunch
30 sec step up
10 sec rest
30 sec squats
30 sec tricep dips
30 sec plank
30 high knee run
10 sec rest
30 sec lunges
30 sec rotational push up
10 sec rest
30 burpees

Apparently you are allowed a maximum of 10 seconds rest between each, i've just allocated 10 seconds on the ones that I think i'll need it for. It totals 7minutes in total, I might do it twice round giving myself around a 20 minute workout.

I have a wedding on Saturday so I'm thinking this might be good to tone up a little. Hopefully I'll update you tomorrow with how it went.
Ciao