Tuesday 11 June 2013

Swim Swimeroo

On Sunday I had my first experience in Caringbah public pool and it was indeed a positive experience.
As i've mentioned before we have a number of good ocean pools in my area and so i've never really felt the need to pay to use the public pool. With winter here though and also with my intention to up training I decided to venture to the 50meter outdoor pool.
Sorry for the crappy little photo, its the largest I
can find without pulling them off a schools website!


Being the anxious person I am I roped in my sister-in-law to accompany me. It cost $5.20 but if you buy 10 or 20 tickets the price comes down. 
Luckily the day we went it was warming and the sun was coming up. We arrived at about 8:20am and I didn't struggle to much with stripping down to my bikini.

http://missironman.com/blog/march/
(I plan to check out this site soon)



The water is heated to a good temperature, its warm for swimming but once you stop you start to cool down, this makes it excellent encouragement to keep going!

I aimed for 20 lengths so equaling 1km. I managed this fine although I did around 4 breast stroke lengths. We had a warm shower and then headed back for a tasty mango smoothy!

It got me planning my schedule to include morning swims, including some drills and maybe using some of these bad boys to strengthen my shoulder, although judging by this mornings attempt to get out of bed at 5:50am when its dark and cold and misty i'm not sure how often i'll actually make it to the pool!