Wednesday 5 June 2013

Backwards triathlon

OK this is a really short post, its short because it is something that has just popped into my head. 
I've always thought it would be a good idea to do triathlons backwards, it would be so nice to jump in some cool water after the run and bike. 
Now this is probably obvious to everyone else but it has just occurred to me. Its because it would be really dangerous! Imagine people who were struggling due to improper training, nutrition or just having a bad day and had to try and swim in deep water.

Like this woman! Julie Moss, a woman of Ironman legend. As part of her exercise physiology thesis she took part in the Hawaiian ironman, without adequate training and led most of the way until around two miles from the end until this happened...... 


Oh I struggle to watch it! I can just imagine that being me. Eeeeep!