Thursday 20 June 2013

Park life....i mean run

Okey Pokey, this weekend is operation get me to Park run!

Have you heard of Park run? Its growing quite quickly so you might have. Its a weekly 5km run which is organised on Saturday mornings by volunteers in a number of countries around the world.
You get timed and hand over a bar code at the end and they keep a record of how your doing. Its a great way of getting races in without having to pay the $30 plus that others often charge.

Our closest one is in Sydney Park in St Peters. Its not so easy to park there and the train from my place to St Peters is quite painful so I have devised the plan to run to the station, get the train part of the way, run to the park, do the race, run back to the station, get the train and run home!

The race starts at 8am. If I get the 7am train I can get to a nearby station by 7:39am. And then the run to the start is around 2.5km. So 1.3km to the station my end each way, 2.5km the other end each way and a 5km jog is 12.6km all up! It should be a good little warm up and cool down if I take my time and then really go for it on the 5km.

What do you think? Will I make it? Will I actually get out of bed in time?

It would be good to cycle to the park, great triathlon training but I think i'll build up to that ; )

Check it out http://www.parkrun.com/

In other exciting news I bought myself a exercise jackety thing, you know the thin fabic colourful tops that are in lots of shops at the moment. I'm sure its no good for actually exercise as it was cheap and doesn't have any wicking fabric but will be good to get to and from the gym and to go for pancakes after. he he!

Right i'll update you on Saturday about the run, assuming I make it.
Chubby Katie.x