Friday 9 August 2013

Embracing my inner hippie


My mind is a little all over the place at the moment, i'm struggling to concentrate at work, i'm sleeping all the way to work on the train, my weekends are feeling like they go by and i've achieved nothing. I think its time to give my mind a little kick start and hopefully it will improve my general health too.

I've decided to try a meditation and yoga class. I've tried a little yoga in the past and meditation is something i've always wanted to learn. The first class is on Monday. I'm hoping it will free my mind for an hour or so and then help me think more clearly after.

I've also been looking into raw food a bit recently. I can't say I altogether agree with the idea of not cooking anything but the way I see it is that it will just force you to eat healthier, less processed foods and more fruit and veg. There are countless raw food recipes online and with a bit of browsing you can find things that aren't too scary!

Something like this doesn't fit the usual raw food stereotype and looks pretty damn tasty. Although it suggests using a dehydrator (like lots of raw recipes do) it gives you the oven option too. I might give it a go this weekend.
http://www.rawfoodrecipes.com