Tuesday 3 January 2012

Some piccies

Its been a while since I posted any pictures and since my healthy eating and cooking is going quite well I thought it was a good time to share some images of the recipes i've been knocking up.

Healthy falafel made from pistachios and baked rather than fried. The recipe called
chickpeas but I had borlotti beans opened so I gave them a try! I'll be making them up
using some sauces and lettuce leaves instead of pita.

Mushroom and peach burger with guacamole and home made sweet potato fries.
This was super tasty! And Micheal-Clease loved the sweet potato fries. And yes
that is a party popper left over from NYE!

I got both these recipes from another new site i've found. Its www.greenkitchenstories.com  Check it out they have lots of tasty vegetarian recipes.

I'm trying hard to source all my ingredients from small independent shops and farmers markets but it takes some work. The pistachios, for example, where rosted and salted as thats all the local grocers had. I rinsed them quickly to remove excess salt and didn't add an extra.

Yesterday Michael-Clease and I went for a long cycle ride. It was quite tough as I haven't been riding for ages and body was not used to it. We also went for a surf but the waves weren't so good. I think I still worked my shoulders though as they are aching today!

Ciao