Wednesday 4 January 2012

The old Iron issue

Iron has been something on my mind a bit for the past year. I consider myself quite a naturally tired person who needs at least 8 hours sleep every night to function properly, so my fatigue since i've stopped eating meat (well cut down significantly) hasn't caused me too much concern. Put my mum, dad, sister and me on a train for more than 20minutes and we'll all be asleep!

I probably should go to the doctor and have my iron levels tested but I tend to think if I am careful to eat things high in iron then I should be ok. So when I came across this article and recipe I took note:

http://lavamagazine.com/training/plates-not-pills-iron/#axzz1iSvEZ4oK
http://lavamagazine.com/training/recipe-iron-poppers/#axzz1gGrJgr1X

I think I have mentioned before about my reluctance to take vitamins and pills. My logic is that they mostly contain things that with a balanced diet you should get anyway, unless of course you have any specific medical conditions.

Unfortuntely I am still struggling to source any blackstrape molasses but I will let you know how I go when I get some and manage to make these babies!

Katie.x