Wednesday 25 May 2011

The only way is up!

I have just been rock climbing. Not the scary up cliff faces, one little finger away from certain death type. The inside, under a crash mat, with tried and tested ropes kind. And it was great fun! I have been twice before so I knew what to expect but I am still always nervous that my weak little arms are not going to support my chubby little body, and while I did struggle on some of the harder routes I think my other training must definitely help, my legs seem quite strong and I reckon my stomach muscles were hard at work. Now I know it's not triathlon training but I am believer that doing a range of different activities can help with your end goal. For example I like to think that climbing might help with my swimming, although maybe that's an excuse to allow me to sign up for climbing lessons.....which is what I have just done! :)
Plus climbers have good bodies don't they?
Ciao.x