Monday 2 May 2011

Weekly total = about 22km

Despite not racking up a lot of mileage this week I am quite pleased. The reason being that yesterday I did a 15km run and felt goooood! As seems to be a bit of a theme these days I started off running with Michael-clease with the intention of doing about 17km. After about 5km he was struggling a lot with Shin splints and had to give up (some might be suspicious that he then managed to go out for a surf, but not me I am only sympathetic!)

I was intending on doing my loop which finished at home, then going back out and doing another 5km but 1/2 though I realised it would be too hard to go out again so I just extended the loop I was doing. I think I could have easily done 20km if I had preplanned a good route and had a few more podcasts to listen to.

I have recently been experimenting with crystalised ginger while running, I first spotted it in the super market as it was advertised as fast energy releasing. To be honest I am not sure how much is placebo effect but it seems to be working. I put a few pieces in my little running pouch and then pop one in my mouth every 30mins or so.

Its only two weeks till my 1/2 marathon now, I am more excited than nervous especially after yesterdays success. I haven't decided how far to run next Sunday, I might make it a little shorter and make sure I get in some little runs as well.

Chubby Katie.x