Thursday 28 October 2010

First post - a few confessions

Hello and welcome to my blog. This is the very exciting first entry! I must start with a couple of confessions. Firstly I am not really that chubby - I would say more normal size, however I could do with loosing a few kgs after my recent holiday to England and Thailand. Plus I am keen to just get my body fit and healthy.

My second confession is that I am not a complete amature in sporting terms. I have so far done one triathlon, a number of fun runs and one charity bike ride. But it terms of an Ironwoman I am a long way off!

In case you don't know an Ironman triathlon is a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bike and a marathon (26.2 miles  42.195 km) run. Each element is tricky enough without the added pressure of doing one after the other. So the aim of this blog is to chart my progress from a person who can at the most run 14km to a fit and toned athlete who can complete the above.

As I sometimes struggle with motivation I am hoping that sharing my efforts with you all with might give me a kick up the bum and shame me into exercise when I am feeling lazy. I hope to also include a few receipes that I pick up along my way (you cannot hope to complete the Ironman distance without some consideration of your diet), some photos of me at various stages of training and some reviews and suggests of gear that I test out. 

I welcome comments on my blog, any helpful advice or (constructive) critism is very much appreciated.

Well I hope that is a fairly interesting first blog. I must also credit my background image. Its from a website called
http://www.bornskinny.com/ they have desktop wallpapers that I like to use to motivate me everytime I look at my computer screen. The athlete is Chrissie Wellington, she is great! Look her up. 

Chubby Katie.x