Thursday 28 October 2010

Feeling tired

Tonight I ran home from work. I often do it and aim for about two or three times a week. Luckily I only work 5.7km (3.6m) away so it is quite do-able although there are a few gradual hills to slog my way up. I love the fact that I can usually get home quicker than on the bus and save myself $3!
I was feeling quite tired today, I think it is a consequence of a three week holiday with lots of food and drink and very little exercise. Still I made it in 42 minutes and will give myself a day off tomorrow.


As my training increases I believe it is quite important to keep a training log. I currently use the one on Runners World UK http://traininglog.runnersworld.co.uk/register I like the fact that its free. If anyone can recommend a more suitable one for triathlons I would love to hear about it.


I also want to mention my current running shoes. Today I wore my Nike Lunarglide. I got them for my birthday in September and must say so far I am really liking them. They are pretty light and I partly chose them because of the colour :). They are also very bouncy and padded which makes a pleasant change to my old worn out ones however I have currently been reading a little about the advantages of bare foot running and have to wonder whether the extra padding is very beneficial to my running style. More on this in later posts I think. In case you are interested these trainers came from a favourite site of mine www.wiggle.co.uk they seem to be cheap, ship all over the world and have a large selection.


Right now I am off for my dinner, tuna jacket potato I think!


Chubby Katie