Friday 20 September 2013

A little update

Hi! I've been absent for a while haven't I! Partly due to blogging lazyness and partly due to 10 days in beautiful New Zealand.

The water is really that blue and there is a cute little
church called "the church of the good shephard"
Source www.backpack-newzealand.com
Firstly I should tell you that Chubby Katie and Michael Clease are engaged!!! Michael Clease proposed on the shore of the beautiful lake Takapo and of course I said yes.

It was also my birthday while we were there (double celebration!) and I got a number of exercise related things including some new trainers! (although they haven't arrived :( ), swimming hand paddles, a inov8 wrag and elastic laces for my trainers. I've hardly had a chance to test any of these out yet so I shall have to wait to do my reviews.

We are meant to be running the Sydney half marathon on Sunday. I have done hardly any training! We only managed one 5km run while we were away, opps!

Two days before we were due to come home we did the Tongariro Alpine crossing. Its a 19km walk over some active volcanoes in the Lake Taupo region of the north island. I am hoping that this long walk will have kept up some of my fitness and I won't be a complete mess on Sunday.

It was pretty high and as it was only just the beginning of spring there was still a LOT of snow which made it even tougher on the legs.
I'm hoping there might have been a little toning for the stomach muscles every time I slipped on ice! Of course that is no doubt hidden under the layer of chubbyness caused by too many beers and tasty food :)