Wednesday 17 July 2013

Goals

I thought it was time that I gave a little update on my goals. Sutho to Surf and City to Surf have both been entered.
My goal for Sutho to Surf is sub 1hr. The race is 11.2km. I make that a 5.26minute kilometers that I need to do. This is quicker than I usually run and so in theory I should have been working on my speed but guess what....I haven't!

Michael Clease and I have also been thinking about another marathon. Looking back we really enjoyed the training and without a large end goal we tend to get a bit slack.
I came up with a little criteria from which to choose a race:

  • Near sydney so we don't have to fly or stay in a hotel
  • One I haven't done before
  • A decent price
  • Something fun, I struggle if I get bored
  • At the right time if we have a little holiday in September
  • Close enough that I should start training now


So far this one is in the lead http://www.fitzroyfallsmarathon.com/ Its a trail marathon so should be fun, not something i've done before but i've had some trail practise and i've heard there is nothing too technical.


I think i'll scrap the Sydney half that I have planned on my schedule and replace it with the Sutherland half. The Sutherland half is a trail race, a little sooner and a little cheaper. Its also a local race so I like to support that.

In other news after a few runs in my new trainers I have to say i'm not in love with them. I feel very conscious about how i'm placing my feet and I don't feel like a smooth runner. I think I will do the Sutho to Surf in my trusty Nike frees and keep testing out the Kinvaras.

After a couple of weeks of unhealthy eating and general chubbiness Michael Clease and I are back on the health band wagon!!